Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 80 - 16/3/2011

As pointed out by my only follower, I have been slack at updating this blog.

Is it due to my weakness for the devil's nectar, perhaps. But mostly it's because I forget. I am splendidly happy with my progress at the gym. I go five times a week and really enjoy it. It's nice to have some firmness back in my muscles after whimping out for three years.

Holy fuck it was three years that I did almost nothing physically. How does a man go down that road? Even as I struggle to remain awake at my cubicle in the hours after lunch I still feel a sense of satisfaction that I have done right by my body. On a Saturday when I haven't worked out I notice the extra energy I have and also the absent natural endorphin rush.

And so words are words and I have begun to again partake in the beverages that I promised to ignore. Is there any point in offering one of the many milions of excuses that all alcoholics can spew verbatim at a moments notice like cheap burbon in the gutter? I think no.

I would prefer to offer a pledge to improve, to grow. I have progressed so farr from where I started on Boxing Day and I shall go even further.

Measurements will be updated when I can find my tape.

1 comment:

  1. g'day mate. i need to catch up about ANZAC day, but my ph has shat its self and i've got your # in it and don't know how else to contact you. can you email me your # please and i'll give you a call.
    cheers...pretty pumped about the footy.
    s

    ReplyDelete