Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 3 - 29/12/2010

Without a doubt the toughest day so far. The memories of my horrid hangover have faded and the body has started the cravings for sweet, sweet beer. It's OK in the morning but around 2 when I had finished a couple of hours of paint preparation on the eaves of the outlaws house it kicked in.

What goes better after hard work? A cold frothy one. But I resisted the temptation to go to the shops and sought to quench my thirst in the mother-in-laws fridge.

Not a cold drink in sight....apart from one ice cold Carlton Draught! I swear my hand actually reached for it. The excuses started thick and fast.

You've worked hard. It's hot. There's nothing else.

I am proud to say I closed the door, turned my back and wiped a tear from my eye. I then began the 2 hour wait for my sparkling mineral water I had requested from the shop. Finally it got there only for me to find that it was warm, off the shelf, and there was no ice. My thoughts turned to the resident of the fridge.

So it was off to the shop myself for a Coke Zero which I got from the chemist. Why you might ask? Because the chemist is at the opposite end in the row of shops to the bottle-o and far away from temptation.

I then got home and set out for my first jog of the new regime. No time expectation just a condition that I complete three laps of the school ovals which is roughly 750m each lap.

Lap 1 seemed OK. Some stiffness in the knees and ankles but it worked out after half a lap. Lap 2 and the bloating kicked in and my guts felt like it was full of food, which is wasn't. I pushed through a sagging belly and debilitating stitches to complete the 3 laps in what felt like half an hour but was probably around 20 minutes.

A quick drive home and straight to the latrine to eject the offending matter which was much looser than I had thought. It has been the theme in there for the last 2 days which I can only put down to my body's protests of the no alcohol thingy.

Or maybe it was my legs punishing me through my bowels. I think maybe the former.

So another day sobre.

Alcohol - Nil
Exercise - 3km jog

No comments:

Post a Comment