Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 4 - 30/12/2010

The day kicked off to a less than ideal start with a 1.50am phone call from a mate asking for a favour. Pick up his son (from Kinglake) and drive him to the airport, by 6.40am! Thankfully I ended up not doing it but it took me the best part of two hours to get back to sleep.

The body and mind felt better today. The headaches that have plagued me for the last few days have subsided and my walk today through the bush was pretty easy. I can actullay feel a tightening up of my skin. Whether it's just my imagination or not is another thing entirely.

I am starting to realise a sense of achievement attached to actually starting something and so far sticking with it. My food hasn't exactly been disciplined but I figure I have to take it a step at a time.

The food regime will begin in the new year when I am back at the gym 5 mornings a week. I find myself looking forward to it. I can't say my workouts last year were that honest with a bottle of wine under my belt the night before. Not a good preparation for any workout.

I won't lie and say I haven't thought about alcohol at all today. The temptations are all there on the TV and radio. Beer ads showing frosty glasses and perfectly poured beers are the bane of my existence right now and tomorrow's heat is not going to help. Nor will the whole New Years Eve theme either. I figure if I don't go anywhere I will be OK. No one drinks in my house.

So another day passes and my solidarity increases.

Alcohol - Nil
Exercise - 5km bush walk

No comments:

Post a Comment