Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 10 - 5/1/2011

Tough day of exercise. Tough. It began with my favourite body part at the gym; shoulders but soon followed by my least favourite; legs. I have never liked doing legs partly because I am always conscious that they are already too big but mostly because it make them so sore.

The burning began almost as soon as I left the gym and got slowly worse as lunchtime loomed. Little did I know lunch would throw in a cruel twist. Counter meal at the local. It was sprung on me on the spot and I nearly declined but it was with my old manager so I thought stuff it I can resist the urge.

I did too and am very proud. The only moment of indecision came when the guy across from me put his cold, frosty pint on the table in front of me. It looked so good and he assured me it was. I do miss a nice pint of tap beer. It tastes so good in a bar from the tap. It's probably been four or five months since I had one.

Anyway I resisted and managed to drag my sorry ass for my run which I have set myself nightly for this week. Lap one was torture as my sore tired quads and glutes screamed for mercy but as I pushed on the blood flowed and it wasn't too bad. I came home with a sense of achievement once again which is a lot better than remorse as I put the empty bottle of wine on the bench.

Still having trouble falling asleep as my mind gets used to calming itself but I'm not tired during the day so it's not really an issue.

Alcohol - Nil
Exercise - 85 min gym (shoulders & legs) 3km jog

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the gtting through the countery bloke.

    Didn't we drink tap pints at the pub on boxing day?

    Good work-out, the getting to sleep thing is a bit rough, are you a reader?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh we did. I have tried to wipe the memory of that day due to it's repugnicity.

    So disappointing cos it was Boxing Day but such a let down.

    I think I drank tappers in Adelaide too

    ReplyDelete