Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 9 - 4/1/2011

Just back from a slow but punishing jog. Only 3km but enough after a really good workout this morning (chest & arms). I also threw in my first day of work since my regime has begun.

It wasn't a real day of work with the plant not running and just catching up with some admin. My manager wasn't there which made it a lot less of a hassle so my need for a drink when I got home was minimal, but still there.

It is a constant thought in my mind when I go to the shop. I went for food after my run and had to literally stand in front of Liquorland with cash in my pocket while I waited for the checkout. Once again the reasons to get one blurted there way into my head.

You've been good today. A run and a workout.

It's been a while. Just one beer.

And so it continued until I finally walked out with food only! A small victory but a victory nonetheless. I like to keep reminding myself of the achievements especially at this early stage. Even though I faltered and weakened on NYE it was still five days since my last drink. I can't remember when it was that long between partaking. Sad.

And so onward and upward.

Alcohol - Nil
Exercise - Gym (chest and arms) 90min, 3km jog

1 comment:

  1. well done mate.
    i know full well the excuses we make for ourselves- i fell over to them on monday arvo after a big day bricklaying, felt rank yesterday but still went to the gym and flogged myself; penance maybe!

    you know yourself that pretty soon at this rate the kg's will start flying off and then it starts to get easier- HOORAY!

    have a good day mate
    s

    ReplyDelete