Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 36 - 31/1/2011

Looking at my latest measurements and weight I can now safely say that muscle weighs more than fat.

My measurements have all dropped significantly which is pleasing for me and I feel lighter but a glance at the scales confirms that I have not even lost 2kg. I know 89kg is a lot overweight and I have been doing everything to get it down but frustratingly it is not dropping as much as I wanted.

I didn't start the gym to get huge but I do put on muscle easy. Perhaps I need to stop going up in weights and try to trim up what I have got. I really don't want to look "stocky" a term I have had most of my adult life which I HATE.

I have really set myself to stay away from the booze after my latest show of weakness. It is testament both to the problem I had and the challenge I face controlling it. I knew it would be hard and I want to be disciplined but my mind plays tricks on me. Stupid mind I might poke you with  cue tip. That'll learn you.

Alcohol - Nil
Exercise - Shoulders & back (gym) 2km walk with dog

2 comments:

  1. Apu friend me good!
    Don't worry about the scales mate- you know that. Fitness is the thing... might want up the reps and drop a few plates though! ;-P But you know that too.

    I'm like you, i bulk up quickly and as i started back training yesterday i've got to myself the same thing as i want to drop 5kg but build a few things back up... funny the places my fat hides, not often enough in the leader of the opposition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. Ensuring no injuries, i hope to see you at the run in October.

    ReplyDelete