Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 15, 16 & 17 - 12/1/11

Things have changed in what I would say a significant way over the last few days which I have not had the time to write about. I have noticed a distinct shift in my body and mind's attitude towards this project.

Where at first it seemed a distant hope that I would be able to get where I want to be it now seems like an inevitable destination. My longing for beer and wine which was quite an issue in the first two weeks has subsided to the point I almost don't want to partake so I don't ruin the good work and gains I have achieved so far.

I have my birthday on Saturday which is booked in as an alcohol allowed day but at this stage I am not even certain I will drink anything. Unimaginable a few weeks ago. I couldn't even get through one day without justifying it. It is truly amazing the change in my psyche.

My gym sessions are improving exponentially every day. I am making gains in all areas and I can feel my body starting to change in quite noticeable ways. Things are firmer and I feel lighter and more energetic .

Even running although still slow is starting to get back it's familiar appeal of yesteryear. Don't get me wrong, it is still tough but it is becoming less of a chore and more an activity I want to do in order to improve.

My first goal has been set. Melbourne Half Marathon in October. It is 269 days until then so I have work to do. At present 3.5km is my best run although I am sure I can go further I don't want to risk stress injuries too early and have to stop.

Alcohol - Nil
Exercise - Gym every day, 3km run

No comments:

Post a Comment