Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 12 - 7/1/2011

It should be now that I admit to abject weakness. I caved last night and partook in a long neck of Coopers Sparkling Ale and I am disappointed. As much as I justified it to myself last night it just doesn't sit right with me now.

Although my intention for this exercise was never to give up alcohol completely it still erks me that I had not planned to have any last night and then talked myself into it on the way home. I remain resolute that this will not happen again.

As for exercise I have been very disciplined. Apart from missing a run through what I will call injury I have excelled at firstly doing the exercise and secondly doing it well. Yesterday's chest and leg session at the gym was difficult but rewarding. My weights are going up quickly as my body remembers and my muscles get used to it again.

Sleep has become very easy now mostly due to tiredness but also because I am getting used to falling asleep without the sedative that was red wine. I am finding that I need less to get more benefit. Waking is also a joy now that I don't have to contend with the dry mouth and lethargy of a minor hangover every morning.

A curious thing in my everyday life has happened which has been a bonus. I am finding that I now have more time and motivation to do the little things that I always ignored. Even just then Griffin asked me to get the batteries out of the TV remote so he could use them in his Xbox and as I handed them to him I realised there was now no back on the TV remote. Whereas before I would have just put it down I found myself searching for it.

Although just a mundane example it is happening more and more. I like it.

Alcohol - Longneck of beer
Exercise - 95 min gym (chest and legs)

No comments:

Post a Comment